Apply for a Library Card
Go to your library branch to complete a library card application. Minors age 15 and under will need an adult sponsor age 18 or over. Please bring a photo ID and proof of residency or property ownership to your nearest branch (see Acceptable IDs for Registration).
Your Library Card lets you…
- Access our collection of over 500,000 items.
- Search library databases from your home or office.
- Use apps for audiobooks, e-books, e-magazines, TV, movies and more!
- Obtain free passes to museums, cultural centers, and parks around the state.
- Print or copy in any of our branches.
- Manage your account online through My Account.
- Place holds for items that are checked out, on order or at another branch.
- Obtain materials from libraries nationwide through Interlibrary Loan.
Non-residents who are active in U.S. Armed Forces and their family members are eligible for a FREE library card. Bring your Military ID Card and proof of address to the library to get your card.
Library card holders must abide by the library’s circulation policy and be responsible for items borrowed by themselves or minors that they sponsor. Library card holders must inform the library of address changes promptly. Only parents or legal guardians can view minor’s library records. Email addresses for library use only and are not shared with outside organizations. All personal information is kept confidential under Georgia Code Section 24-9-46.